Monday, November 26, 2007

my babe


It's hard to believe that my little Anna♥Kate is three months old today. How crazy! Her present milestones include: looking at her hands, LAUGHING, rolling from back to side, kicking her feet wildly, throwing fits, and knowing exactly who her momma and daddy are. And oh man, those giggles, they melt my heart. I have such a love for this little gal, a love that I never knew was possible. I often think about how I could ever love another child so much, but I know without a doubt that my heart has enough love for all, I just wonder how it's possible. My heart already wants to explode sometimes from all the lovin' feelings. Haha! No, but really, in this little child I capture the goodness of God. I can't even imagine the kind of love He has for his children or what His heart feels like ALL the time-a BIG EXPLOSION of love. I'm thankful that I get to take part in just a tiny bit of the whole thing.


When I look at Anna-Kate I'm amazed by her perfect little detailed face. I mean, what an AMAZING GOD! Seriously! I can't believe how perfect He made us all. It's not common for me, or most people (I think), to sit and stare at another adult and think about how great God is for creating such an amazing reflection of himself, but when you sit and stare at a sleeping child for hours it envokes such a love for the God who created it all. I am overwhelmed by all the sweet revelations that have come from simply being a mom...not that being a mom is simple at all.


Anyways, faster than I know, I'll be celebrating her first year with us. I want to cherish every moment... and sometimes stop time. But I know with every passing day that God gives me the grace and heart that I need to do this job called parenting-aka-the best job in the world!

1 comment:

Tressa said...

I can tell you are cherishing every moment. She is a beautiful girl! A chubby too! She and Taylor need to get together for some pictures, that would be too cute. Your a great mommy!