Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April's stakes

Today is the first day of April...a day where I can finally have a soda. Bri and I decided at the end of February that we would go the whole month of March without a soda. At first, the stakes were you drink a soda, you pay a dollar. After a couple of days we realized that wasn't enough to keep us from having one so we changed it-you drink a soda, you pay twenty dollars. Yeah, I wasn't going to dare tell my husband I needed twenty dollars to pay off my "soda account". That would be no bueno. So now that it's a new month it's time for new "stakes". We are agreeing to eating out only once a week. It was going to be twice a month but sometimes life gets too busy. On top of that, we are still trying to stick to not allowing ourselves to go on soda binges so we're allowed only two a week...which is a lot compared to not having any. Then, I added a more personal one for myself. I want to wake up every morning by 6:30 to give me a chance to read, pray and perfect my daily "plans" before the kiddos arrive. I find when I actually DO do that the day goes so much smoother. I just need a serious boost to allow me to start making it a HABIT so that it will be like an everyday thing for me. And if I DON'T do it, twenty bucks goes to Bri. Hopefully I won't be making her rich this month. A lot of money is at stake here. Once a week eating out (which will be a breeze for me), two sodas a week and QT every single morning....and yes, twenty bucks for each one I fail to do. EEEEEK.
Anyways, my daughter is now 7 months old!!! I can't believe how fast she's growing. She is sitting up and rolling everywhere she wants to go. It's hilarious. I LOOOOVE HER!!!

No comments: