Remember my nursing cover a while back? That was harder than I thought. Recovering my glider rocker for my sister to use was harder than I thought. Heck, recovering it the first time for myself was hard.
Today, I decided that I wanted to make AK a skirt! I thought, "it can't be that hard right??" Well, I'll just say that almost 5 hours later I have a skirt. I cute one too! But not how I expected. LOL. First I had to redo this one piece over and over again because I kept ripping the stitch while I was trying to "bunch" it. THEN when I sewed these two pieces together I did it completely WRONG. Instead of them meeting with a smooth seem on the outside they met with a smooth seem on the INSIDE! So, you can imagine how.....pissed I was. This was after about working on it for 2-3 hours! So, I was about to call it quits until another day and then I thought, "HEY! I can add a ribbon over that "ruffle" and see what that'll do." And tada!!! It made the skirt and I'm glad now that I messed it up.
The skirt is a little big on AK but I think it's adorable! I'll just need to buy a "smaller" shirt...one that helps the look of the skirt...if that makes any sense.
ANYWAYS, without further ado, here it is folks
I'll probably hand wash this bad baby. I'm not sure I trust it in the washing machine. LOL!
2 comments:
TOOOOO CUTE!!! I love it!!
OH! I love it! i think you did such a great job!
Post a Comment