So, how do you like the new blog look? I wasn't going to redo anything until I got new pics of Isabelle on Tuesday but I couldn't resist. This will be the second year that we don't have a traditional Christmas tree and it kind of puts a damper on my Christmas spirit. I grew up with big and fun color coordinated trees every year, sometimes two trees, and so it stinks not to do that with my family. I gave our tree and decorations (that were my mom's to begin with) back to her when we moved here so I don't have anything Christmasy to put out :-(. We actually don't even have stalkings. How sad is that! ANYWAYS, BECAUSE I have no visual, homely Christmas decorations to call my own as of now I decided it was totally time to bring Christmas to my blog. I'm so glad I did. It makes me feel tons better.
On another note, what a nice feeling to wake up and know I have absolutely nothing I HAVE to do today. I mean, I obviously have my normal wifely/motherly duties to tend to but other than that it's just a day of football and snacks at our home. I love that my hubby is already up with me and the tot is still sleeping. I'm going to start on a menu for this week and go to the store. I really do enjoy that when I get to go alone. And usually I even enjoy it with my gal BUT some days the grocery store is just not for me. I'm sure we're all like that from time to time, right?! I think mainly I don't like going when I'm pressed for time or in desperate need of something because then I feel rushed and when I'm rushed it seems like everyone in the world isn't cooperating with MY time frame. HAHA! I'm sure I'm not the only one to have ever thought this.
Well, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I feel so much better now that I have a fun Christmasy thing to look at that I totally did on my own. It's mine. I did it. I own it. Awww, Merry Christmas.
One more thing, guess what this post makes?!! Anyone?? 300! That's what. CHRISTMAS bow giveaway coming very soon! YAY!
1 comment:
so sad you don't have a Christmas of your own this year! That is absolutely NO fun! I am glad you redid your blog then. It should lift your spirits some now :).
I'd enter for the bow... but there's not a head here for it anymore... :(
Post a Comment