Monday, October 18, 2010

our weekend & family portraits

This weekend was great. We made a trip to Waco for my cousin's third birthday party.

Yes, my mom's youngest sister has a daughter the same age as my child :-D.

Promptly after the party my little family headed out to meet up with an old friend for her to do our first 'family of four' portraits. I was super excited! We haven't gotten our pics taken all together since I was about seven months prego with Issy. Except for the occasional, and I do mean occasional, random family pic. I think there might be a total of about two of them...somewhere. ANYWAYS, that pretty much turned out to be AMAZING! I cannot wait to see the finished product. I was sent a teaser that I'll share with you.


Ooooh my Issy, how I love her so!

(I've seen all the pics pre-edit and I'm pretty much in love. I cannot wait to share them with you all!)

After portraits, AK headed out with her Cece (my mom), my hubby headed out for some guy time and I headed out with a tired Issy & previously mentioned old friend/photographer for some early evening chatter. It was pretty much what the doctor, AKA God, ordered for the both of us. I needed that time. I wanted that time. I'm thankful for that time.

After an unspecified amount of time I was home (at my ma's) to put my girlies to bed. They were exhausted and hadn't napped a wink that day...unless you consider the 20 minute catnap Issy got in the car from point A to point B. After they were in bed I was so crazy about seeing the pics that I loaded myself up and headed over to Bri-z's house. It was a nice change to grab the car keys and head to a friend's house in my jammies with no kids in tow. Aww, the simple things in life.

I met my hubs back at the 'rent's place around 12:30 AM. We sat outside on the swing in the amazing coolness and talked about the kind of people we wanted to be. It was a sweet time and I enjoyed hanging out with my hubby although I was so close to using some sticks to keep my eyelids open.

Sunday we didn't do much as we were too exhausted. My mom took AK to play at my aunt's house (with the three year old) and then treated her to a trip to the store to buy a doctor kit (like the one three year old got at her bday party the day before) and a princess guitar. Oh brother. We headed home shortly after they got back.

Our October is full. I am loving all the travel plans. This coming weekend we will be at my MIL's house. The weekend after that we'll be back in Waco. And the first weekend in November we're going camping, tentatively.

Yay for Fall!!

And really quick, here's a shout out to Bear Wachsmann. Happy 3rd Birthday little man!

1 comment:

bri said...

AWWWW happy Birthday Bear!

I had a wonderful time. I LOVE that you came out here in your jammies!!! Makes me miss us living around the corner from each other. Reminds me of OLD times! :) OH and FYI I am not THAT OLD! hahaha

Can't wait for your next visit...