We left for downtown yesterday evening around 7. We were on our way to see the urban bats of Austin. If you haven't heard, Austin has one of the largest populations of urban bats. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. Instead of sitting on the nice grassy area below the bridge we opted to stand on top of it. Sean had mentioned that as the bats leave the bridge there's a fine mist. Uh, no thanks! There was a very distinct and gross smell as we took our spot on the bridge. I just couldn't imagine that smell misting all over me. YUCK!
Anna-Kate was getting a little impatient while waiting about 40 minutes on a bridge, with fast moving traffic just off the side walk and people walking around everywhere. She did not want to sit in her stroller and she didn't necessarily want to be held although she did well considering the circumstances. The occasional dog was enough to keep her content. Whew, thank God for canines.
While we were out and about AK said a few new words! She said, "boat"...there were boats in the river below the bridge to see the bats too! She said, "bat". While we were walking back to the car I was emphasizing on the smell again and she said, "woooo weeeeeee" as she shook her head from side to side. It was SO CUTE! In the car I took her shoes off and she said, "suuuuuue". Melted my heart. Then she started spelling. "Beeee. Oooooh". I hope she wasn't trying to tell us something.
^^^before she got sick of the stroller^^^
^^^she's so scrumptious^^^

^^^AK entranced with a blue glow stick and Daddy laughing about it^^^
^^^making her laugh^^^

^^^downtown A and the smart people lined on the bridge to see the bats^^^
^^^the misted upon^^^

^^^the best pics I could get of the stinkers^^^
All in all, it was fun and we enjoyed being together.
1 comment:
"the misted upon" BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA!
THAT IS SICKLY HILARIOUS!
I can't wait to go STAND ON THE BRIDGE and see it! Thanks for the warning!
Post a Comment