Monday, May 11, 2009

the weekend/mother's day

Friday afternoon I made a mad dash to the store to get some Mother's Day stuff. I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do but I knew I had to come up with something. I was under the impression that we were leaving for Waco that evening so I was trying to hurry and get something for my MIL to leave for her since we wouldn't be home on Sunday. I ended up getting her some pretty flowers and a card from us and one from AK, a classic, right?! For my mom, I bought a planting pot, some soil, a package of flower seeds and a card. I put AK's hand prints all over the pot and we had us a winner. She liked it and I can't wait for the flowers to sprout up. ANYWAYS, we didn't end up leaving until early Saturday morning. My MIL gave me a card that she signed and signed by AK, which was cute, and $30...along with a package of peanut M&M's and a DP. She's knows me well ;).

Saturday morning my mom and stepdad met the hubs and I off of I35 to pick us up so hubs could continue on to Hillsboro for work. We then went to breakfast and ate more than we should've. Hey, it's Mother's Day weekend though right?! We did a lot of running around on Saturday. I mean A LOT! My mom got me a new wallet for MD and I love it!...I picked it out :). Eventually Saturday afternoon came around and I was super duper happy to leave AK with my mom so that I could enjoy a fun and yummy dinner with my good friend, Bri. It was so nice to get out with another ADULT lady, without the husbands and kids, and talk about whatever we wanted to talk about. It was definitely much needed-full of laughs and good food. Always a winner, eh?! After dinner we went to Kohl's where I proceeded to put that $30 to good use. It was SO hard to spend it on myself and not my daughter whom I love to shop for. It's just so much easier to find fun and cute clothes for her than it is me. ANYHOW, I did find me two shirts with the help of Bri. I really like them and glad I had her with me to push me out of my "comfort zone". LITERALLY, lol, I like comfortable!

AK tried fried chicken for the first time Saturday night. She's never had fried chicken before and I thought it was hilarious how she took to it. I didn't even put chicken on her plate but she high jacked my mom's and started chowing down.

She had two of them.

Sunday morning was full of house cleaning, last minute grocery store trips and food preparation. My stepdad was doing steak and baked potatoes and I was excited about that! There were lots of people over that evening for dinner and it was a lot of fun to have everyone together.


^^^my mom and AK on Sunday morning^^^


^^^at one point during the day I found AK like this watching cartoons^^^


^^^me and my girl...and wearing one of my new tops! (thanks Bri)^^^


^^^waiting on Daddy to join us^^^


^^^my little family...AK was obviously having an objection about something^^^

Happy Belated Mother's Day my friends!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like your Mother's Day was a great success!

One of these days when you guys are in town we are going to actually make it to the zoo!

bri said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
What does Sean think?

The Beaver Bunch said...

Seriously humbled by our convo tonight.

You blessed me, BIG time!